Tau2020 Global Conference
The Rainwater Foundation, Alzheimer’s Association, and CurePSP are co-sponsoring an open, international conference called the Tau2020 Global Conference. It will take place February 12-13, 2020 in Washington, DC. Public registration will open in late September. Representatives from academia, industry, government, and the philanthropic sector are encouraged to attend.
The objectives of this conference are currently;
Raise awareness and attract more funding to the field:
- Motivate government, non-profits, and philanthropists to provide more grant funding for tauopathy research
- Motivate industry partners to invest more in proprietary tau research, academic collaborations, spin-outs from academia, and in-licensing deals
- Enable patient advocacy groups to raise awareness and attract funding
Raise awareness and attract more talent to the field:
- Identify and encourage new talent to work on tau, especially early career researchers
- Provide a vehicle for domestic and international tau researchers to learn more about each others’ work
Increase alignment and collaboration around the remaining challenges:
- Provide a platform for sharing the Tau Consortium’s point of view about unanswered questions and funding priorities
- Provide a productive space to work on issues like increased sharing of data and biospecimens
- Provide a platform for academic researchers to connect with industry partners and other investors
If you are interested in becoming a potential partner or sponsor please contact us.