Tau2020 Global Conference
The Rainwater Foundation, Alzheimer’s Association, and CurePSP are co-sponsoring an open, international conference called the Tau2020 Global Conference. It will take place February 12-13, 2020 in Washington, DC. Public registration is now open. Representatives from academia, industry, government, and the philanthropic sector are encouraged to attend.
The objectives of this conference are;
Raise awareness and attract more funding to the field:
- Motivate government, non-profits, and philanthropists to provide more grant funding for tauopathy research
- Motivate industry partners to invest more in proprietary tau research, academic collaborations, spin-outs from academia, and in-licensing deals
- Enable patient advocacy groups to raise awareness and attract funding
Raise awareness and attract more talent to the field:
- Identify and encourage new talent to work on tau, especially early career researchers
- Provide a vehicle for domestic and international tau researchers to learn more about each others’ work
Increase alignment and collaboration around the remaining challenges:
- Provide a platform for sharing the Tau Consortium’s point of view about unanswered questions and funding priorities
- Provide a productive space to work on issues like increased sharing of data and biospecimens
- Provide a platform for academic researchers to connect with industry partners and other investors
If you are interested in becoming a potential partner or sponsor please contact us.